Saturday, August 29, 2015

Gotta love a Saturday Pday

Hi Family!

Well. It's really only been a few days since I last emailed you... Nothing too exciting to talk about. 

Transfers are on Wednesday and I have absolutely nooooo idea what is going to happen. I have been here for three transfers now and Sister Shin and I have been together for two transfers.... So people keep telling me I am probably going to be leaving, but I feel like I will be staying for some reason. If that does happen I will send Sister Shin home and I will have spent 1/3 of my mission here at the end of next transfer. That is so crazy to me! I feel like I have been here forever. Banning seems like a dream. So weird. If I do get transferred I will be really nervous because I have only been transferred once and it was a while ago. And I just really love it here a lot. I love this ward so much. I still love it even though we aren't teaching very many people because I absolutely love the people that I am teaching. Sometimes I get homesick, but most of the time Sister Shin and I are just having fun together.

We had another lesson with our investigator this week and we are having another one tonight. She is doing so well! Well, she is doing well spiritually, but not physically. She is reading the Book of Mormon and doing her best to live the Word of Wisdom. She is having her surgery on Thursday so if you all could pray for her that would be amazing! 

Today was really fun! Ryan and Dearly Carrasco (a newly wed couple in our ward that we love) drove us up to the Mountains in Crestline where Julia Huff (our two week missionary) lives. We had a blast! If you ever come tour the mission with me I would love to take you there. We went up to this watch tower on the mountain and you can see my entire mission! It's amazing! It was pretty smogy today..... San Bernadino is one of the most polluted counties in the country..... But it was still really cool! And we went on a hike in the mountain up to this rock that is in the perfect shape of a heart. 

Sister Huff brought one of her friends who is struggling to go on a mission and two non member friends so we got to do some missionary work as well :) Speaking of missionary work, I hope mom has a great lesson tomorrow! I can't wait to here all about it!

Sister Shin took some pictures (I didn't take my camera....) but she forgot her cord so you will get them next week. Sorry! I have been so bad at taking pictures lately.....

Now I have a question for all of you. How do the missionaries do work with the members in Collierville? I feel like our ward has some really nice areas like the ward I am in now. So they probably have to work a lot through referrals as well. Tracting here really does nothing because there are sooooooo many salesman. We see them all the time and people here get really annoyed when we do knock on doors. So do any of the members in our ward have tips for how I can best work with the members? We are just kind of stuck right now. Hopefully Elder Gay will talk about member missionary work on Monday because we need help.    

Talk to you in 10 days! Love you family!

Love,


Sister Olsen

1 comment:

  1. Love this sweet missionary! Wish we would have had her in our mission....she is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete