Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Member Missionary Work!!!!!

Alright Family! Here we are again!

A couple of things before I get into what I want to talk about this week:

1. We are having a mission tour this weekend and Elder Robert C. Gay of the 70 is visiting us! My zone is meeting with him on Monday, so we are having a Saturday pday. So instead of emailing on Monday next week, I will be emailing on Saturday the 29th. I can't wait to tell you all about my weekend in two weeks!

2. I will tell you about my week really quick. Sister Huff was so awesome! She went home last night and Sister Shin and I both feel like we lost a limb! She is seriously so awesome. She is not afraid to talk to anybody! This week we were walking and saw a few guys playing basketball. So she walked right up to them and asked them, "If I make a basket, can I share a message about Jesus Christ with you?" She totally missed, but two out of five took Books of Mormon! It rocked!

Our investigator didn't come to church this week. Her fellowshipper rocks, though!  They are her next next door neighbors and they are helping her a lot. She is having a lot of trouble with her knee. The doctors think it could be blood clots now. Please pray for her! She really wants to come to church and be baptized, but she is in a TON of pain! She is really amazing. Whenever we teach her I can really feel the Spirit. She loves the Book of Mormon. Shes calls it her "shield". She already has a testimony and she is a total power house!

Sister Shin is such an awesome companion. I really love her a lot. She has become my best friend the past few months and she has helped me a lot. I feel like I haven't really expressed that enough in my emails, but she is a really good companion.

That reminds me, transfers are coming up. I will know if I am getting transferred or not on Sunday night, but since Pday is Saturday, you all won't know for two weeks. So I could have a new companion or be in a new area.
I don't know how I feel about that because I really love this area. Missionary work here is so so so SOOOO hard, but Sister Shin and I are both trying. I think we are so happy right now because we are being obedient and we have a really good relationship with the ward. 

Every single Sunday is such a Spiritual experience. I am always reminded how much Heavenly Father loves his children. This week our Relief Society lesson was on Christ. I think being a missionary you are so focused on how much Christ loves your investigators that you don't really think about how much he loves you. It's not like I forget or anything, I just don't think about myself as much. But yesterday I was really reminded that He loves me, too. And I'm really grateful for that.

On a more humorous note, something really weird happened on Saturday. We were walking to an appointment and we randomly ran into Elsa and Ana! They were going into a bday party. It was pretty random. Then a few hours later, we were walking to a different appointment and saw Woody and Buzz going to a different party! Weird, right??

Alright now I really REALLY want to talk about member missionary work for just a few minutes! I am so excited that mom is teaching a lesson on this!!! Sister Shin and I are working really hard on helping our members with missionary work. Member missionary work is SO IMPORTANT! The most lasting converts are those that already have friends in the church. They already have someone who knows them and will love and support them through their conversion process which is SO IMPORTANT because it's really hard! They totally have to change their lifestyle and make all new friends with the ward and adjust and everything. It's just so much better when they already have a good support system.

In Teachings of the Prophets, President Ezra Taft Benson, it says "The Lord will sustain members in their missionary responsibility if they just have the faith to try. It is time to raise our sights, to get a vision of the magnitude of this great work. The Lord expects it of us. It is not enough just to be members in the Church and go to sacrament meeting, pay our tithing, support the welfare program. That is all good-but that is not enough. The Lord expects us to be missionaries, to live the gospel- yes, wholly, and to help build up His kingdom." (Chapter 22) So 'nough said.

Anyway, I have to go. But the last thing I will say is please feed the missionaries at least once a month. It's not because they need to eat. The Lord takes care of our physical needs. But let them feel the Spirit in your home. I can't tell you how much it means to me to be in a home where the spirit and priesthood are present. I NEED IT!

Love you all! I am so glad everyone is happy and loving school! You are great!

Love, 
Ashlee



Sister Huff, Sister Shin and I. We had a great time together and were sad to loose Sister Huff! She was awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment