Monday, September 7, 2015

Summit Ward Forever!

Alright family!

I hope everyone had a splendid Labor Day weekend :) I'm very jealous that dad gets to go to DC so much. I bet he is loving that. Dannon looks very spiffy in her mermaid tail. I know Sister Hamblin really wanted one of those. I didn't think they actually existed to be honest...but it looks pretty cool! I'm so proud of Dannon for getting that solo! I would love to hear it. 

So yes, Sister Shin and I will be in Summit Ward for another transfer. I am so darn lucky. I have seen this ward grow so much since I have been here! The work is really moving forward. It's moving much slower than I thought it would when I first got here....but it's moving! We are teaching all new people now! We got two new investigators last week! They have been coming to church every week and are awesome. We had a lesson with them last Monday and we have another one today. One has committed to baptism and we hope to put it on the calendar for October 10th tonight

We talked to lot of people this week. We accidentally (by that I mean we didn't plan it, but clearly he was placed in our path) a former member who wants to start taking the lessons again! Super awesome. 

Oh MAN I ALMOST FORGOT TO TELL YOU ABOUT OUR MISSION CONFERENCE! It was so good! Elder Robert C. Gay of the seventy came! The first thing he told us was that to prepare for our conference he asked the general authority over all of the missions in the world about us. He asked him because he was the last general authority to visit our mission. Guess what he said? The general authority over all missionary work said that we have the best mission president in the entire world. THE WHOLE WORLD! That was exciting! Anyway, the conference was super good because I prayed and prayed that he would help us know how we can use the members better. They really are the only way we can do missionary work. He talked about that A TON. I think the biggest take away I got from it was the importance of fasting and praying. We talked a lot about that. 

Also, I have been having a question about something in my patriarchal blessing for quite some time now and I have been praying about it. I won't share specifically what it was because it's very sacred to me, but he totally answered my question. I had a lot of revelation, but I will just share one more thing because I am short on time. As he was standing up there answering all of our questions and helping us and just being super spiritual a thought came into my head. I thought to myself, "men like him should just be doing all of the missionary work. So many more people would be baptized if all the missionaries were as powerful as he is." Immediately the Spirit just pounded me and I knew that it was Heavenly Father's plan that he lets us immature kids be full time missionaries. It's not just for the people that we serve and teach, but it's for us. I know that changing the age was totally inspired and what Heavenly Father wanted. Pretty soon all of the wards will have these super awesome returned missionaries leading and teaching the members. I can't tell you how grateful I am to be a part of this. I am learning and growing more than I ever thought I would or could. Heavenly Father is shaping me and all the missionaries into something great. I can't tell you how personal and how grateful I am for that. Before I thought that the answer to my prayer whether or not I should serve a mission was my decision. I thought God told me that I could go or stay. But now I cannot imagine my life without it. I love being a missionary. I love all of you! Have a wonderful week :) invite everyone everywhere to do something to increase their faith! That person and you will be blessed for it :)

Love,


Sister Olsen




No comments:

Post a Comment