Monday, January 4, 2016

My attempt at reading the entire Book of Mormon in one day......

Last week, our mission president's weekly email started out pretty normal. He was talking about one of his ancestors, Parley P. Pratt. When I got to the end my eyes bulged out and I had to reread what he said. Don't worry, because he challenged us to read the entire Book of Mormon in one day, cover to cover. 

We came in early on New Year's Eve and started at 7. Then we got up on New Year's Day and picked up where we left off and read all day long. I read the entire time and felt like I was pretty focused all day, but I still didn't finish. I made it to 3rd Nephi so I read over 400 pages which is still pretty awesome. The whole time I was doing this, I kept thinking about Parley Pratt. In president's email, he talked about how he had been searching his whole life for the true church. This was something that was very important to him. I could imagine him just totally being sucked into the book and eating at every word.

Then I started thinking about just how important the Book of Mormon is. There are people today who are searching for the truth. If they found the Book of Mormon they would probably do just what Parley Pratt did. I know that Heavenly Father is preparing those people and it is our job to find them. We must invite EVERYONE to read the Book of Mormon because it is so important! So this week I challenged everyone to give a Book of Mormon to someone. I know that as you are reading this, someone came to your mind that you need to give one to. Christ's invitation is to act on those promptings so you can be a blessing to someone you love. And if you haven't read the Book of Mormon, I would invite you to. Nothing bad can happen from it. It will only bring you closer to Jesus Christ and bless your life with whatever you are needing right now. Whether that be guidance on helping your teenaged kid, or how to manage your finances, it's all in there. Please read it. And read it again. I just want to shout it from the roof tops and plead with everyone I see to read it!! It's that important!

Alright now that I got all of that out, let me tell you about some miracles this week. There were so many! This less active family that hasn't been to church in YEARS came yesterday! Hallelujah! A part member family we have been trying to work with called us and asked for us to come and teach them tomorrow. A former investigator that I found in the area book and really felt like we needed to go see called US and told us she wanted to be baptized! A daughter in another part member family also decided that she wants to be baptized and we set a date for her at the end of this month. Just so many miracles!
The Lord is really blessing us. This has been the weirdest transfer of my mission because literally everyone has been sick at some point and out of town. So Sister Andersen and
I have really been learning how to lean on each other and Heavenly Father. I have learned a lot.

Transfers are Wednesday, but president isn't telling us what's happening until tomorrow. So yup. We will probably both stay is my guess, but you never know! It's crazy that I have put two sisters through training now. I feel like I just barely finished my own!

It sounds like everyone at home is sick too. The flu shot must not have worked this year. That stinks. Get feeling better and don't forget to share the Book of Mormon this week!
Love you!

Love, 
Sister Olsen


A lighted up giraffe!! I like him.
Snow in SoCal!

No comments:

Post a Comment