Monday, January 25, 2016

Historic GLOBAL Missionary Broadcast!

Hi.
THIS WEEK WAS CRAZY.
That is all.

We had an awesome missionary broadcast, interviews with President VanCott, exchanges, our investigator and her family came to church, and we have been running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to get this baptism together. So yup. There's that!

The missionary broadcast was so cool. It was broadcasted live to missions all over the world! They did say that the missionaries in Samoa were going to have to watch it when they woke up the next morning. Most of the broadcast was filmed training sessions with a zone in Ogden, Utah. They were trained by Elder Bednar, the YW General President whose last name I cannot spell, and the two heads of the missionary department. It was so awesome. Some of the apostles including Elder Oaks also spoke to us. It was kind of like a session of General Conference just for missionaries. We all sang together as missionaries all over the world Called to Serve, and we will bring the world his truth. Basically I really felt the spirit and I was again reminded of the sacredness of my calling. Being a missionary is sheer awesomeness. But really! There is something so powerful and spiritual and amazing that I cannot describe about being a missionary. I have never felt anything like it before. It's the greatest calling a person can receive.

Interviews with president were pretty okay. We talked a lot about what happens after the mission. That was weird. I have a lot on my plate right now with everything that is going on. Prayers for my companion and me would be much appreciated.

We went on exchanges this week which was much needed. Exchanges is always an awesome opportunity to learn. I have been blessed on my mission with Sister Training Leaders that I know. Sister Lysenko is my STL this transfer. She was in my district in Fontana. Very sweet girl. She's from  Connecticut. We met a few less actives that want to take the missionary lesson! We had an awesome lesson with our investigator too!
Speaking of her, she came to church this week! After we had another lesson with her she texted us and was super appreciative. On Sunday she missed sacrament meeting because she couldn't find her keys (thanks a lot Satan....) but they came for second and third hour and her kids loved primary! Yay!

Well that's my week in a nutshell. We were so busy this week that we had to call the elders and ask them to take on some appointments for us. This area is awesome. There is a lot of potential here. Hopefully we can hit it on full force.

Love you all! Please pray for missionary opportunities this week! The more we pray like Enos and plead, the more blessings we will receive.

Love,


Sister Olsen


I was able to go back to Fontana to attend the baptisms of these two cute kids. My companion in that area was Sister Erickson and we had worked with this awesome family.






It's always a good day when you can get
Chik fil a!!!




We went to the Redlands stake center for a special missionary broadcast. These are the sisters in my zone 


I went on exchanges with sister Lysenko. She was Trained by sister magleby and she was in my district for 3 months.

Me and Sister Vancott, the mission president's wife.

Yucaipa Sunsets


No comments:

Post a Comment