Monday, January 11, 2016

The Arrival of El Nino

Well hello there!

Well. This week I got wet. Like the Titanic.

It rained. It snowed. It snow-rained. Is that a thing? Since we live in the foothills the streets were like little water falls. It was so cool! I took some pictures that I will send when we have better wifi at home. 

Oh wait...Sister Andersen and I are both staying in Yucaipa this transfer. I actually forgot that transfers even happened. We are like mountain women up here so sometimes I forget that there are other missionaries that actually get moved around and stuff. So that's exciting!

Okay coolest experience ever. When Sister Andersen was super sick and we had to stay in, I looked through the old area book to see if there was anyone that we should go and visit. This name really, really stuck out to me. We tried going to her house and calling her and we weren't able to get a hold of her so we just pretty much forgot about it. 

Fast forward a month: We got a text this week from the person I felt like we needed to visit. She told us that she used to take the missionary lessons, that she was back in town and wanted to be baptized. So basically we sprinted to where she wanted us to meet.  We started talking about the baptismal interview questions. She shared with us her testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith being a prophet and just bawled. Her sweet experiences really touched my heart and the spirit was really, really strong. I really think I am here for her. I felt such love for her and such a desire to just help her with everything she is going through. Hopefully we will have an update for you next week.

I don't care where you serve your mission. If you are doing what you are supposed to be doing, you love the people. If you really do forget yourself and just focus on how you are going to serve those around you, it's inevitable- you'll love them. Not that I am great at forgetting myself or anything- to be honest I am probably pretty bad at that, but I have been really trying to pray for charity everyday so I can love these people. Everyday I love them more and more and more. At the end of my mission, it really won't matter how many baptisms I had or how many referrals I got everyday; what will matter is how I applied what I learned and used it to become more like my Savior. I just really hope and pray that I am becoming a better person so that I can be a better friend and sibling and someday mom. That's honestly all that really matters to me because when I focus on that, my relationship with my Heavenly Father grows stronger. Hmmmm...maybe I need to work on selflessness now? haha :)

Love you all. Hope you are all feeling better. Please invite someone to church this week. Please, please. It will really make a huge difference in someone's life.

Love, 
Sister Olsen

My rainy day pictures of the week.







Pictures of the neighborhood we live in







I had an earache this week. Lucky for me, Sister England is a nurse at Lima Linda and did an ear wash for me!


Her dogs attacked me while she was squirting water in my ear. It was pretty hilarious!





No comments:

Post a Comment