Monday, November 2, 2015

Small Miracles

Hello family!

This week has been great. I have never been so tired in my whole life so I don't really remember most of it, but it was great! Sister Erickson and I are really focusing on talking with everyone and asking everyone for referrals. We have definitely seen the blessings from that!

Earlier this week, I felt a prompting to try a potential investigator. She wasn't home, but her son was and he was totally interested in hearing our message! He was the only one home so we couldn't go in, but we hopefully will be meeting with him soon. When we were walking away from his house this landscaping guy called at us to come over and asked if we had anything for him to read. I said, "Oh boy do I ever!" Just kidding I didn't say that. But we did give him a copy of the Book of Mormon. He said he had met with missionaries before. He lives in LA, so we can't teach him, but the missionaries there will.

Okay the coolest thing ever happened yesterday. Basically, our whole ward is trying so so so hard to do missionary work, but they are still scared to invite their friends. They do all the social stuff- for example there were A TON of non members at the ward Halloween party, but they have a hard time talking about spiritual stuff with their friends. Yesterday, one of the things I was fasting about was the members being able to do missionary work. The Ott-Beachum family invited their friend Molly to church yesterday. Don't worry because Molly totally got up in fast and testimony meeting and bore her testimony about how impressed she was with our church! We had dinner with their family and Molly that night. We were able to give her a copy of the Book of Mormon. She lives two hours away, so we won't be teaching her, but it was still really cool to see how the Spirit affected her.

We also picked up a new family to teach this week. Unfortunately. they are moving out of the area next month, but we will continue to work with them until that point. We have only had one lesson with their whole family, but they seem pretty interested and genuine.
So yes. We are sharing the gospel. We may not have a lot of people to teach right now, but we are trying our hardest and doing everything we know to do. I know Heavenly Father will bless us for that.

I bore my testimony in sacrament meeting yesterday. I had to. I really really felt it. I have been in this area for such a long time. I know that it's for a reason. I have seriously learned so, so much. When I decided to come on a mission, I had no idea why. I never planned on serving a mission my whole life. I'm only half way and still have a lot to learn and experience. But I know that I have served in this ward for a reason. I have learned so much about myself and the Gospel. I had a testimony before, but now I am converted. I know that I was sent to these specific people for a reason. They have been wonderful examples to me. I also know that we come on our missions to "teach and not be taught." But by teaching I have learned and grown in ways I would have never been able to if I hadn't served here.

THE CHURCH IS TRUE! It's true because it is Jesus Christ's church. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon. It has brought me closer to Christ "than any other book."
Love you all!
Have a wonderful week :)

Sister Olsen

We Got Mail!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment