Monday, November 23, 2015

Happy Turkey Day!!! Transfers!

Alright I might as well just jump right into it:
I'm getting transferred on Wednesday. I am going to Yuciapa (U-KAI-PAH) 1st ward. Yes I know that is the strangest word you have probably ever seen. Actually, Banning Ward is in the Yuciapa Stake. So I am going back to the zone I was trained in. I am follow up training a sister that came out with Sister Erickson. And my new area is one of the wealthiest areas in the mission.

So. Training round two. It should be a pretty interesting experience. Sister Magleby served there and she loved it. She said it's one of her favorite areas. That makes me feel pretty good about it. I guess I'm just really nervous because being senior companion is really really REALLY stressful. However. If I have learned anything at all on my mission it's that I can do hard things. Basically, if you are comfortable then you aren't growing. And I sure have a longgggggggggggggg way to stretch and grow so this will be good for me.

This week Sister Erickson and I have been conquering our fears of talking with everyone! I am learning to fear God more than man. It's still a work in progress, but I feel like I have gotten a lot better. So that's good.

We picked up a really awesome investigator that I am really sad I won't be teaching. His name is Lou. It was dark and windy when we first saw him outside his home, but he was like right next to a member we were seeing so we looked at each other and said "I FEAR NO MAN!" We went right up and talked to him and he was pretty cool. He is a police officer and has a really cute family. We went back with our ward mission leader and had a really great lesson about the Book of Mormon. He totally clicked with our ward mission leader and they are like BFF's now. As we were talking with him and he was sharing experiences with us, it was cool to see how the Lord has prepared him. 

Well. I'm really going to miss this area. I was secretly hoping that I was going to stay so I could be here for the Holidays. Heavenly Father has other plans for me. I just told Brother Budge (the ward mission leader) and he was pretty sad. I really love his family so much and I have really grown to love this ward. I hope I get to stay in an area this long again. It's so hard, but it's so worth it. And honestly, I feel like the hardest things in life are the best. Nothing really is worth it unless it requires work. 

Alright family. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am thankful for all of you and your examples to me. I am thankful for missionary work and the opportunity I have to serve a mission and to change so I can learn how to be a wonderful mother and spouse someday. I am thankful for my Savior and all he has done for me. I know I won't be able to comprehend all he has done for me in this life, but I love him with all my heart and my greatest desire is to become like him.


Have a great week!

Love, 
Sister Olsen


Temple Trip!! These are the sisters that were in our session. RtoL- S. Erickson, S. Rivera (my stl when I was with S. Hamblin), S. Daulton, S. Gunn (she was in the MTC with me. We sat next to each other on the plane here.) and S. Fife (S. Magleby trained her.)
Sister Erickson and I.


Sister Stacey. The relief society president and basically the most wonderful woman on the planet.
Gospel principles on Sunday

Brother Ron Hatch that got baptized right before S. Shin left and my amazing Ward mission leader Brother John Budge.
Mark and Mondi Taylor had us decorate their tree! 
The lights change colors!


I was feeling a little under the weather last week so my Ward mission leaders kids brought me some orange slices



No comments:

Post a Comment