Monday, October 26, 2015

Dear Mom

Dear Mom,

This week I wrote everyone their own emails and I didn't have time to write a weekly email. Sorry! I will be sure to send those pictures. The wifi at the library crashed last week so those emails didn't send. I will get them to you as soon as I have wifi.

I have definitely seen the Lord's hand in my life as I have been trying my best to train this new missionary. I sort of feel like I am failing the ward because after all of this time not a lot has gone on in the area. I have to keep reminding myself that all of that is out of my control. I did what I knew to do and I tried my best. I can't blame myself for other people's agency. I don't know how much longer I will be here or if Sister Erickson will be here longer than me, but I really hope that whoever the next missionaries are will see the fruits of all the work I did.

For the first time in my whole mission, not only one, but three potential investigators actually let us in to teach the Restoration! Usually people say no, or they set up a return appointment. But three times this week people that I had never previously met let us sit down and actually teach them. One of them set a return appointment, the other one accepted a Book of Mormon, but not a return appointment, and the third did not accept a Book of Mormon, but gave us a referral. I was so grateful because I really wanted Sister Erickson to be able to teach what we had been role playing, but we didn't have anyone to teach. Heavenly Father definitely answers prayers!

One of our investigators that was pretty close to baptism but then dropped the missionaries right before I got here, picked us back up and came to church this week! So that was pretty awesome!
I am so grateful for my companion. She is wonderful. She has not been discouraged at all. She is always laughing and smiling. Even though there isn't a ton of work right now, we are always laughing and having fun together.
I love my mission. I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers. I know that if anything that has come from serving in Fontana the past seven months, it has been my own conversion. I know where I want my life to go. I know what kind of mom I want to be and the kind of person I want to marry. I know that God lives. I know the Book of Mormon is the Word of God. I want to do everything I can to be constantly changing and repenting so someday I can face Christ and tell Him I did my very best. 

I am over time now, but I love you! I guess that you can post this on the blog if you want, but it is your letter so you can choose.
I am so grateful that Heavenly Father put me in such a great home and gave me such a great mom. Thank you for leading by example and inspiring me to do something with my life and be a missionary.

You're the best!

Love, 
Sister Olsen




 This is when Sister Shin went home.
This is my new companion Sister Erickson.

 A tarantula we saw the other day. I don't actually know if it is a tarantula.... But it was about the size of my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment