Monday, October 19, 2015

Sister Erickson II

"Sister Olsen,

You are called to serve.....
In the Summit Ward in the Fontana Stake of Zion.
Again.
Oh and you are going to train.
Just thought we'd let you know."

Yes here I am in the Summit Ward! After this transfer is over I will have been here for 7 1/2 months! Crazy! I am training a new missionary. Her name is Sister Erickson and she is from Layton, Utah. She is 26. Basically, she's awesome! I really like her a lot. Training is super stressful, but it's much easier to train someone that has already adjusted to living away from home. So she just came to me as happy as can be! She wasn't planning on ever serving a mission, but after many jobs and stressful school situations, she prayed and realized Heavenly Father needed her to serve a mission. So that's awesome. She is excited to be here and to work hard and I am so grateful for that. I miss my little Asian sensation, but I am glad to be with Sister Erickson.

Being senior companion is very different from being junior companion. Now I understand why all my other companions were stressed! It's definitely a challenge, but I know that the Lord qualifies whom he calls. And I also know that I didn't receive this calling because of anything I did, but because of the potential Heavenly Father sees in me. So there is definitely going to be a lot of growth this transfer. Sister Erickson will probably be training me! Just kidding. Kind of.

We had some pretty awesome miracles this week. We are trying to find new investigators because our two main ones aren't really progressing right now. President Van Cott challenged all the companionships to have baptisms in November AND December. So I am definitely feeling the heat of that right now. "Wow" I feel like, definitely is the word of the day or something.

Anyway. So basically we are working our butts off trying to find new people. Nothing is coming from our own efforts, but there have definitely been miracles this week and I know it's the Lord blessing us because we are trying our hardest. 

A few weeks ago, Sister Shin and I met this cute little lady outside watering her lawn. We started talking to her and she said she wanted a Book of Mormon, but asked if she could get one in Mandarin. We got her one. I was just thinking about her this past week so Sister Erickson and I went and followed up with her. SHE TOTALLY READ IT! It was so cool because she was telling us how good she felt while reading it and basically described the Holy Ghost. She was interested in seeing what our church was all about so we set up a church tour next week with a member who is fluent in Mandarin also. So that was awesome.

Another story: This member called us on Saturday night and said they were bringing a friend to church and wanted us to come to their house after to teach them. The friend is from Taiwan and is going to school to get his PhD at USC. He loved church and we did some great How To Begin Teaching. He wants to learn more, but he lives in L.A. so the missionaries there will teach him. That was a really cool experience. I keep running into all these people that speak Mandarin Chinese. I feel like I need Uncle Jared to help me.
Well I'm about out of time. Love you all so much! I am so grateful that we get to be together forever.

Love, 

Sister Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment