Monday, July 11, 2016

Last Chance!!!


Hey kids! 

If you want to send me an actual letter, this week is your last chance! Just thought I would throw that out there :)

This week was weird. It was fast and slow. We met President and Sister Dixon this week! Oh my gosh they are literally the nicest people I have ever met in my entire life! I loved, loved talking to them. They made me feel so good when they were talking all about Aunt Cindee and how much they have been looking forward to meeting me. 


He told us all about how he was called to be a mission president and when he was set apart by President Eyring. He said that ALL of the missionaries serving with President Dixon is for a reason. It made me feel like we were supposed to serve together even if it is only for a few weeks. Anyway. They are amazing people. I hope my future family is just like theirs.

We actually had lessons this week! Hallelujah! We picked up this new family. We felt like we needed to be on a certain street so we went and we met this super cute family. They are very active in their faith, yet we're very intrigued by the thought of modern day prophets. So we will see how that goes.

My testimony of the Atonement grows everyday. I just am so mind boggled of how much Heavenly Father loves me. He has been so patient with me this transfer. It makes me want to treat others better and have more patience.

Anyway. Out of time. Sorry this is so short. But I love you all! Thanks for being awesome and I hope you have a great week :)

Love your missionary,
Sister Olsen


Here are some super awkward pictures of us and the Smiley Sisters and our Color Me Mine pday activity. (LtoR- Reil, Hess, Me, Fife, Christiansen)






There is this super fancy mansion in Redlands called Kimberly crest. They have debutante classes for girls under 18. They celebrated 100 years and had a huge celebration. They asked all the missionaries in Redlands to come help them set up. We set up 300 tables and chairs in about 45 minutes. Afterword I made all the missionaries sing armies of  Helaman to all the workers. The elders weren't very happy. Now watching the video it was probably pretty awkward.... But I really felt the spirit super strong when we were singing. It was awkward but also cool....








Sister Orr, Sister's Fife, Hess and Erickson and West on the front row, then Sister's Reil, Olsen and Christensen on the back row.

The trio: Sister Christiansen, me and Sister Reil


Frozen bananas on the Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment