Monday, May 2, 2016

God's greatest gifts: The Atonement and horchata froyo




Yes. I did break my non-sugar week on Tuesday. I saw Horchata frozen yogurt and I had to try it. But I decided that sugar is poison for your body. A few hours after in take I felt so tired that I couldn't function and then the next day I woke up with acne. So after a month of no sugar, I don't even want it anymore. It's not worth it!

This week I am super grateful for the Atonement. We had a pretty rough week at the beginning. We are trying to find people to teach. I know without a doubt in my mind that Heavenly Father will bless us because we are repenting and trying to be better and basically this area is full of prepared people, but he is definitely trying my patience.

We are still teaching our investigator. She is still scheduled to get baptized on May 14th.

We are also teaching a young couple. She went from not believing in God in February, to coming to church most Sundays now. She is progressing very, very slowly, but she is progressing. I like her too. Shes really cool. Prayers for them would be appreciated!

 Okay we went to ward council yesterday and wowie wow wow wow. It was seriously the greatest ward council I have ever attended! Our bishop is super and holy cow he means business! Our entire ward council just blew me away with everything they are doing for the people they are trying to help progress in the gospel! The man has us write all of our investigators names on the white board in his office and all the other families they are working with and he creates a plan of action for all of them during ward council. Right after we said the closing prayer, he jumped right up to the door to shake everyone's hand and said, "alright, we planned it now let's get to work and DO it!" So awesome. So, so awesome.

Most of our members are like that. They are all doing "missionary work". The next step that we are trying to help them with is just have to invite all of their people they are working with to church and to meet the missionaries. It is just a simple, yet life changing question. So that is what we are working on with our totally awesome ward mission leader. 

Fun fact: I don't know if you all remember this, but my ward mission leader in Banning was a Hurst. We found out we were related by a polygamist guy that settled in Colonial Dublan in Mexico in the 1800's. Brother Woodland is my ward mission leader now and he is related to me through the same guy! And there is a lady in our ward that grew up in Colonial Dublan that knows a bunch of Hursts! So weird.

One last story for you- Sister Osborne and I fasted yesterday that we would find prepared people to teach. Last night, a member texted us and told us she has a friend that wants to take the missionary lessons! How crazy is that! Next month we are doing a ward fast to find prepared people to be taught. I am so excited to see how this all works out!

Have a great week! I love you all!
 your missionary,
Sister Olsen

The horchata froyo



Just an average day in the Milcreek Ward! We get to see the temple all the time! :)









Awkward palm tree selfies


Check out where the elders get to live!


We ran into two of the Laurels I knew in the Yucaipa ward. They ran right up to me and gave me the biggest hug. It made me feel really good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment