Monday, June 20, 2016

Last TWO companions

 Well clan....

I'm done with emailing today. We are moving apartments and I am getting another new missionary plus another Sister and it's about 115 degrees here and I'm hot and distracted and a lot is happening at once. I'm just about to send my last email to President Van Cott. President Dixon is coming next week.

I have been reading in Alma in the 30's about when Alma teaches the poor Zoramites. What I learned for myself is what it means to do the Father's will. There are so many things about missionary work that I don't like or that are hard, etc. But at the end of the day, Heavenly Father knows what's best. The only thing he wants is for me to be happy. 

I knew all of that before, but the other day when I was reading in Alma I realized that he was sad and having so many hardships because of the wickedness of the people. All he talks about is the people and prays for the strength that he can do whatever God needs him to do so he can help others. He also teaches about the Atonement and how to access it through faithful prayer. Through Jesus Christ we can do anything he needs us to do.

Jesus Christ is a man of sorrows acquainted with grief, right? So if I want to truly know him and become like him, I probably have to experience a little bit of that. And when you go through these things it really does bring you closer with Christ.

So I'm going to do whatever is asked of me because I want to do what Heavenly Father wants me to do. I know I am far from perfect, but I am trying. I'm going to work really hard my last few weeks to just do what Jesus Christ would do. If I want him to work through me I can't let myself get in the way.

I am a completely different person. I had no idea what a mission was or what it would do to me, but I am so grateful that I came. Even though it was hard and not really enjoyable at times, I have gotten to know my Savior and I am so grateful for that.

Love you all! Have a great week!
Love your missionary,
Sister Olsen



Departing Temple trip photos. President and Sister VanCott are leaving next week; they've been amazing and I will miss them!
Sister Stalder and Sister Gunn came out with me 18 months ago. We were all in the MTC together.
Luncheon after our temple trip with all the departing sisters.
All the missionaries going home between June and August. Including President and Sister Vancott in the center!



Attempted abandoned train station photo shoot in 114 degree weather.


Making cookies with Sister Adams 
Fourth of July Lula Roe leggings from Crystal.


Scenic Redlands















No comments:

Post a Comment