Monday, June 6, 2016

Crystal's Baptism

What a weekend!!!! 

Crystal's baptism was so amazing!!!!! So I don't know if I explained this or not, but I will give you the whole big lay down of her adopted family. Brother and Sister Knapp are currently serving their mission in Guatemala and have 8 kids. 5 of their daughters live in my ward. One of them is Julia Knapp and she is dating Christopher Landry. Christopher is Crystal's brother. 

On Monday, Crystal got married! She is so so so happy! What they did is they had the wedding reception right after the baptism. The Knapp Sisters all sang "How Great Thou Art" without any instruments and they sounded like pitch perfect. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard in my entire life! Mese Ugapo baptized her and holy smokes the Spirit was really, really strong. Then yesterday was fast and testimony meeting and a bunch of them got up and talked about how amazing she is. 

There family is HUGE! We filled up the entire middle section and the right side section of the chapel!!! It was crazy!!!!!!! And get this, another portion of their family lives in Yucaipa 1st ward. So 3 out of the 4 wards I have been in have had Knapp clan family members. 

I have no idea why Heavenly Father let me be apart of this. It could have been any missionary. I'm pretty sure just whoever was here would have had the opportunity to teach Crystal. But I am so so so grateful that he let me be here for this. She has been such a light in my life and I love her so much.

Also- I don't know if any of you have heard of Lula Roe, but it's this really popular modest clothes line. You can be a consultant and have parties and sell it yourself. The lady that started it is Sister Knapp's (the mom on a mission in Guatemala) sister. She and her husband own the company. So they were there at the baptism amongst the other family members. They name all the clothes patterns after their daughters and grand kids. It was really funny because I was wearing a "Nicole" design and this darling lady came up to me and said "I'm Nicole. Your outfit is named after me." So that was pretty cool. I bet a lot of Mormon ladies reading my blog right now are star struck! But I had no idea what Lula Roe was until I came to this area so there's that.

Well that's all from me! Other stuff happened but I am slowly starting to loose my memory. Alas. Thus is the life of thee olde missionary. I love you all so so much and I hope you have an amazing week! I love hearing about your missionary experiences with your friends. Keep telling them to me! It gives me an idea of how to help my members! The Church is True! 

Love your missionary,

Sister Olsen









Some photos from our hike in Forest Falls this morning.
Brother Sorenson got us kfc


Crystal's wedding reception

A nighttime tour of the temple grounds with this sweet family.

My roommates decorated my door for my birthday and Crystal got me birthday cake leggings.


No comments:

Post a Comment