Monday, March 14, 2016

I Enjoy Being A Missionary!

Hello family!
It sounds like you are all having a great week! I'm so glad! This week has been a great one for us!

I can tell you this much- fasting and prayer are REAL. Holy cow. Sister Ashcraft and I have been fasting for referrals and ways to work better with the members. The referrals just poured on in this week! One of our referrals we even put on date to be baptized! Also all of our investigators came to church this week! It was a miracle!

One of our sweet investigators is really progressing. We had to push her baptism date back a little bit, but holy wowie wow. This week she was just on fire! Her table is covered with scriptures and talks and pamphlets we have given her. Her kids love church. I love them. It's just so great!

Another investigator came to church for the first time yesterday! One of our ward missionaries also invited her friends to take the missionary lessons and they came to church as well!

I have just been praying and pleading for ways to help the members here. I have noticed that the more I openly show my love for them, the more they trust us. We took our Relief Society president out with us yesterday as well and she loved it.

This week we invited the mission president's wife to come out with us on Saturday morning for two hours. Let me tell you, I planned for those two hours all week long. We had 4 appointments set and about 8 back up plans. I was just praying and praying that whoever we were actually able to see would be who needed Sister Van Cott. 

She was so awesome and brought brownies to take to all of our investigators. We were able to see several investigators and had some really touching experiences with them.

I was also praying that whoever we saw and whatever we were able to do would give Sister Van Cott a good idea of the work we were doing here and what we could do to improve on. Everyone we saw just talked about how much they loved us and how much we have helped them. At the end, all Sister Van Cott gave us for improvement was to use more scriptures when we were teaching. She thanked us for loving the people and we went on our merry way.

I was super humbled because I knew that it wasn't me at all. I have only been in this area for 4 months. I think about when I was in Tennessee for 4 months and I didn't get to know hardly anyone at all. These are children of God and he loves them so much. He is able to use me, a inadequate 20 year old girl to do this work to show these people how much he cares for them and how badly he wants them to come to him. It is a very humbling feeling. This must be God's work, or else none of this would work out. I would mess it up pretty bad without him!

Anyway. We had a great week and I love our new bishop and I love going to church. A lot of members grabbed us to tell us about the missionary work they are doing yesterday at church and it really made me feel good and made me feel like I am accomplishing my purpose.
Love you all! Have a great week!
Love, 
Sister Olsen


No comments:

Post a Comment