Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Well. This. Is. Weird....

Alright before I begin I just want all of you to know that I have no idea where I am going with this and this is probably going to be a really short email because I don't have very much time left. 

Also. Yesterday was just weird. I absolutely LOVED seeing all of you, but it was weird. I feel really bad because I had a whole bunch of stuff that I wanted to talk to you about, but I just ended up crying and yeah. 

Above anything else I want you all to know that I am okay. Actually. I am more than okay. I'M SO GREAT! Being a missionary in Fontana is such an awesome adventure! I am really growing to love the members here. There are some really REALLY awesome people that I am working with. 

Juan is still awesome. Actually did I write this in my last email? Probably not. But guess what?! I invited Juan to be baptized! And he accepted! YAY! It was the greatest feeling EVER! He is going to be baptized on May 30th. But he doesn't live in this area...

Another problem with this area is that the members are great and they want to share the gospel, but all the people they want to share it with don't live here... All of the converts in this ward since December don't even live in the ward boundaries. 

Right now we are working with one of the neighbors of this AWESOME family, the McEwans. Wow they are just so great. We met her when we were walking to go see the McEwans and talked to her for a long time about the importance of family and motherhood. For mother's day we made caramel corn (mom it's so good you have to make it. 2 bags of sea salt popcorn. Heat up 1 cup karo syrup, 1 stick of butter, and 1 cup of brown sugar on the stove then mix it with the pop corn. YUM). We have been working really closely with the RS President who is also awesome. She gave us a whole list of people to try. Anyway. We added their neighbor to the mother's day list and she LOVED seeing us! She was going on and on about how nice we are and how glad she was that we were friends. I just have this feeling that I need to teach her the gospel. It's probably because I am a missionary.

Well there is still so much to say. But time is up. I took pictures of my journal entries the past week so I will send them to you so you have a better idea of what's going on.
I love all of you so much! Never forget that we have trials for a reason and Heavenly Father never gives us more than we can handle!

Love, 
Sister Shlee


This is the very top of our area. It was really cloudy this day, but it still looked pretty cool!

It took a couple of trys to get a selfie....

Here I am with Sister Stoddard's tortoise 



Here I am with Sister Stoddard and her tortoise

Here are Sister Stoddard's really cool pinball machines. I like Sister Stoddard!

No comments:

Post a Comment