Monday, April 13, 2015

Hermana Olsen??

Hello everyone! Or should I say Hola!

Yup. I talked to my Mission President. Remember how my call says that the language is subject to change or whatever? Well now I am a Spanish speaking missionary. DON'T WORRY I'M ONLY FREAKING OUT A LITTLE BIT! I'm seriously soooo scared and don't know how this is going to all work out, but Heavenly Father does! I am confident that everything will be okay (:

Alright so updates on Monique. On Tuesday she came to the Relief Society activity!! We finally got her to come to something! We went to her house right before to see if she wanted to come and she was like "oh yeah you told me about that! Sure I'll come! Let me go get my purse!" She went up stairs to grab her stuff and Sister Magleby and I proceeded to silently have a dance party in her entry way. David and Natalie came too! But....then we were really sad because David is on this new little league baseball team. From what I gather it's sort of like CYA Allstars. But all of their games are on Sundays......... no idea how we are going to get that family to church. BUT I WILL NOT GIVE UP. Also Friday night we had a really great lesson with them. We went to the Price's house (they are members that Monique is friends with) and watched the Restoration. I was bearing my testimony and Monique was telling me she knew I was sincere because she could see it in my eyes. I can't tell you how happy that made me.

So I did my first exchange as a STL this week. IT WAS AWESOME. I was soooooooooooo incredibly nervous so I prayed my little heart out. I prayed all day long the day before and all day long the day of and all day long the day after (for gratitude of course!). Here's what I learned: truly getting down on our knees and pleading with our Heavenly Father yields amazing spiritual, emotional, and physical results. Heavenly Father took really good care of Sister Stalder and I.

Oh yeah did I mention I am Sister Stalder's STL? (my MTC companion). This is basically the coolest thing ever and let me tell you why. When we were at the MTC I had a very distinct feeling that we were supposed to be companions. She is in a HUGE area right now. She and her companion (Sister Jones, who I also went on exchanges with last transfer) are over a family ward (Milcreek) AND the YSA ward- which covers two whole stakes (Redlands and Yucaipa). They are struggling because their area is super tough. So Sister Magleby and I have been really praying about how to help them.

Going on exchanges with Sister Stalder was SO COOL. Some of the things I was really struggling with a few weeks ago is something that she's struggling with now. We are helping each other. It is obvious to me that this is meant to be. We talked a lot about how important it is to love the members and people we are teaching. We don't need to worry about if they love us or not if we are really being like the Savior and sincerely loving them. When we truly love other people and do everything we can to serve them, they will love us back. So we are both working on that. After we talked about that she said "I think that conversation was the whole purpose of this exchange" so that was really cool.

Hey guess what we did when we were on exchanges. We invited Teresa to be baptized. SHE SAID YES. IT WAS SO COOL MOM I WISH YOU COULD HAVE SEEN ME! I asked her to be baptized! It was the first time I have ever done that!!! And I did it with my greenie MTC companion! We are just two brand new missionaries inviting people to be baptized. It's fine. Heavenly Father DEFINITELY helped us out on that one!

Oh sorry. Teresa is one of our investigators. She is 22 and has two adorable little kids. She is married to a guy named Waseem. He's pretty cool. Not interested in the gospel though. She speaks Spanish and English is her second language. Good thing I am a Hermana now!

We are also working with a less active family. They are an older couple. Both converts. We have been going over every week and reading the Book of Mormon with them. They are really progressing! They are totally eating up the Book of Mormon and it's awesome! We have developed a great relationship with them. On Friday we went over there. As we were sitting there and he was talking about things that he was struggling with, I heard very clearly in my mind, "This is my choice son. I love him." The spirit was sooo strong in the room as Sister Magleby and I bore testimony of Heavenly Father's love for them. It was seriously so amazing.

Well that's about it for this week! I'll send some pics! Sorry I have been so bad with pictures! Good thing repentance is real!

Love, Hermana Olsen.

P.S. APRIL FOOLS! I'm not spanish speaking that was a joke :) Sorry I had to! Even though it's the middle of April...

Love, SISTER Olsen <3



This picture is actually from two weeks ago but I forgot to send pictures last week because I'm lame...This is Marissa and she is adorable! She is a Laurel and comes out with us once a week. She really loves us which is good because I REALLY LOVE HER! She gave us these chocolate bunnies for Easter :)

...And it was pretty hot that day so my bunny melted. Here is a really awkward selfie of Sister Magleby and I in the hot car with our chocolate bunnies. Enjoy.

My melted bunny. :(

Look mom I had mango sticky rice. Yum <3

Look mom I made smooth jello! Sister Magleby LOVES it! She also thinks its really funny that it's called SMOOTH jello. She is still cracking SMOOTH jello jokes. But she really loves it haha it's actually quite funny. 

And this is a picture of Monique's front table:) this just made me really happy.

1 comment:

  1. What a trick - you had me hook, line and sinker on that one. Proud of that Sister Cuz' 'Shlee!! What a great missionary with a great testimony. Love reading about these experiences. Keep up the great work Ashlee!

    ReplyDelete