Monday, March 16, 2015

I made it through my first transfer!

Hello and welcome to my weekly letter.

We are going on an excursion today so I don't have a lot of time-sorry!

So for my second transfer I am staying in Banning with Sister Magleby. YAYYAYAYAYAY!!!! I'm honestly just so grateful that my mission president is so inspired. I know that I'm supposed to be here and it's super humbling slash incredible. Also I would like to apologize for my preachy email last week. I need to take a chill pill.

So Monique and her kids didn't make it to church. Again. UGH. PLEASE PRAY FOR HER AND HER KIDS! Satan is awful. Being on my mission I've realized how real he is and I just hate him and he's so flipping annoying. ANYWAY. He is really working hard on this family.

On Saturday we were supposed to go with Monique and Natalie to a baptism, but Monique's grandma wouldn't let her go (Monique lives with her mom and grandma). Monique shares a car with her grandma and she wouldn't let her take her car. I have never felt such disappointment in my whole entire life. I LOVE MONIQUE. SO MUCH. AND I JUST WANT HER TO RECEIVE THE BLESSINGS OF THE GOSPEL. UGH.

What was amazing is right after that we were able to visit a referral and get a return appointment! Her name is Yolanda and she is pretty awesome. What was so amazing is that I knew if we had gone to the baptism, we wouldn't have been with Yolanda. She was a referral so we probably would have seen her at some point, but that moment we had with her was perfect timing and I knew that she needed us right then.

So pretty much I was an emotional wreck Saturday night because I was so aware of God's love for me. I needed to feel that disappointment because it helped me realize how much I love Monique and how desperately I want to help her. But also, I felt sooooo good when we were talking with Yolanda. HEAVENLY FATHER JUST IS SO AWARE OF ME AND IT'S AMAZING!!

I went to my first baptism this week! The zone leaders baptized a 14 year old girl and it was AMAZING. I led the music. Yay!

Sorry this letter is so short! But I need to go slash send you all some pictures! I love you very much! Also I would like you to look up "Bear Up Their Burdens with Ease" by Elder Bednar. I wanted to talk about it, but I'm out of time! READ IT THOUGH IT'S SO GOOD AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

Love you family! I pray for you everyday!

Love, Ashlee

Yay for the Banning Bench!! We are cute!!


We went to the bench for a picnic last Sunday! Sister Merill left today (the one in the orange T shirt). Sister white is the one in green. Love her!



Thanks for the outift gma and Hollie! LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Here's a random field I frolicked in.



These are the Schroths. Sister Schroth is amazing and I love her. Her husband Greg isn't a member. Love him too! He made me yummy ribs :)


Sister Magleby and I with ward members in Banning.




Tennesee, Tennesse; there ain't no place I'd rather be....

No comments:

Post a Comment