Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Week of July 13 "Your Weekly Dose of Shlee"

Hello family!
How is everyone? I hope you are all having a fun time in Utah! How are all of the little cousins? I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer.

This week was very...interesting. I had interviews with President Van Cott on Friday. He is so awesome! He is seriously just like a father figure to me. He treats all of us missionaries like his kids and he cares about us so much! It amazes me how much I am learning about myself. I am seriously so sorry that y'all had to put up with me for so long! Anyway. It was great. He prayed for me and I seriously felt something physically lift off of my shoulders that was weighing me down. I have no idea what it was. But I feel great!

Sister Shin and I went on exchanges with Sister Hamblin and her new companion Sister Baker this week. Sister Shin went with Sister Hamblin. Sister Baker is probably the nicest person I have ever met. I thought of something Uncle Adam sent to me in an email once- it's my mission, but it's also my companions mission. I need to be doing everything I can to make sure that she also has a good experience. I have really learned a lot from Sister Baker. I am now working on being more selfless. When I focus on others needs and not my own, I will be truly happy. That applies for after the mission, too and with my future family. I just really want to make sure that I am applying everything that I am learning now to an eternal prospective because I just really really really hope I can be as awesome as you are, mom!

Something funny that happened this week- we were trying a referral and all of his neighbors were outside! It's so hot here that no one is ever in their front yards so we got so excited! We were going to contact the referral and then try all of his neighbors. So we go to talk to this referral. I butchered his name and then he looked at me like I was a crazy person and then it was super awkward. He was saying a few words and then backing away very slowly. I was thinking, dude I am just a normal person with a wonderful message that will bring you happiness! But then we said goodbye and turned around and literally the entire street had fled into their homes to hide from us. Sister Shin and I both looked around and then looked at each other and then busted up laughing. 

Sister Shin is so awesome! We have walked a lot this week because everyone and their dog is out of town, so I have gotten to know her really REALLY well :) We were contacting another referral the other day. The man was very interested because his brother had recently been baptized while he was in the Navy. So we were super excited and talking to him, but we failed to realize that we were standing on top of a fire ant hill. Don't worry, mom. They didn't bite me, but poor Sister Shin got bit all over her little feet. We have a lot of fun together. Infact today we are going with our roommates to the Swap meet and then IHOP. I am really enjoying embracing the ghetto-sheek lifestyle of San Bernadino County.

On a more spiritual note- Juan blessed the sacrament this week! It was really cool :)
Welp. Enjoy those Utah! Go to the temple! Be missionaries! Pray a lot! I love you all!

Love,

The Incredible Sister Olsen


I'm awful and didn't take pictures this week... But this is our fridge. At church yesterday we got bombarded by primary kids giving us hugs and pictures. It was so cute! We hung up some of them on the
fridge. There are like 200 + primary kids in the Ward and I love all of them. I wish I could pick them up.... I miss babysitting!
Especially the Daniels boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment